Breast Surgery in Melbourne – by Plastic Surgeons
Not all Surgeons who perform Breast Surgery are created equal and not all surgery quotes cover the same things. We have a variety of breast surgery guidelines, ebooks and surgical options. All breast surgery for this clinic is performed by advanced, highly rated Specialist Plastic Surgeons who are genuinely qualified to operate in Accredited Hospitals in Australia. They have FRACS and ISAPS, ASAPS or ASPS memberships and you can request a BIO of any particular surgeon you are considering. Page updated 20 November 2018.
Understanding different Surgeons and how they operate
Advertising can be deceptive. A so-called “cosmetic surgeon” is NOT a Specialist Plastic Surgeon unless they have FRACS and membership in their governing body (ASAPS, ASPS, ASPS-USA, ISAPS). A cosmetic surgeon could be just a GP who decided to perform breast surgery.
Learn WHY surgeons are not all alike who offer breast surgery or breast implants and augmentation or reduction in Melbourne.
Recognise that on our Team, our top Plastic Surgeons all operate independently. Yet as part of the group, they have the benefit of high-level group discussions and second opinion patient consultations or surgery results reviews when warranted, such as for a complex breast surgery procedures or revision breast surgery requirements.
Top Questions to ASK your Breast Surgeon | Melbourne.
- Are you a plastic surgeon accredited and recognised by medical boards (in particular are you FRACS PLAS and do you belong to ASAPS, ISAPS or ASPS)?
- How many operations do you perform a year, and which ones do you do the most?
- How do you handle a complication?
- What is your scar management protocol?
- Do you have any special techniques or education that gives you an added advantage over other Plastic Surgeons in this area?
FAQ: How much training do you need to become a breast surgeon in Australia?
- Sadly, the answer is – not much. Currently, nearly any doctor can perform these surgeries under existing medical laws.
- However, NOT ALL DOCTORS who perform breast augmentation or breast reduction actually have extensive training.
- Government Health departments and public health advocates are trying to reduce health risks from less trained surgeons through lobbying; so expect future changes.
- Meanwhile, choose your breast Surgeon wisely – watch the FOUR CORNERS special report on cheap breast surgery outcomes from cosmetic vs plastic surgeons.
Considering Breast Surgery in Melbourne? Before a consultation, download a complementary GUIDE to Cosmetic Surgery.
For more information about Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery options and research in Australia.
Is your Breast Surgeon ONLY offering a back room clinic operation for your breast augmentation or breast lift or reduction procedure? Chances are, they’re probably not a genuine Plastic Surgeon.
- There are benefits to choosing a Plastic vs Cosmetic Surgeon. Be sure you know what they are.
- Read the differences between Plastic Surgeons vs Cosmetic Surgeons or Cosmetic Doctors, and how they differ in training, education, qualifications, operating rights and more.
Want the Breast Augmentation guide?
Remember, Plastic Cosmetic Surgery decisions and surgery risks should never be taken lightly.
- Choose a highly-experienced Plastic Surgeon for breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast implant removal or replacement, and breast lift procedures.
- Get honest information from a trusted Breast Surgery expert.
- Meet our top Surgeons in Melbourne, Berwick and Double Bay.
A consultation with one of Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons on our team will help you discover how we can help you achieve the look that you desire — or even how to help fix an earlier ‘botched’ breast job performed by a less experienced Surgeon, a discount back-room production facility or an overseas ‘tourist-surgery’ outfit.
Our Surgeons operate in fully qualified Australia hospitals in Melbourne using only highly-experienced Anaesthetists and a top Surgical and Patient Support Team.
For procedure information about specific breast surgeries, including complex breast surgeries, combined plastic surgery or fat transfer procedures, corrective surgeries or breast reconstruction techniques, view the page links listed below.
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Lift
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Implant Revision Surgery
- Tuberous Breast Surgery
- Asymmetric Breast Surgery
- Male Breast Reduction Surgery for Gynaecomastia
Recommended Reading for Cosmetic Breast Surgery
- Read our world-ranked top Plastic Surgeon blogs to choose the right breast procedure for you, including:
- Are large implants right for your breast surgery? and
- Body Builders and Thin Patients: What you need to know about Breast Implant Size Choices
- Are Motiva implants better?
- Small Breast Implants (the “mini boob job”)
- How long do breast implants last?
- Please note that this information is of a general nature and that for information specifically related to you and your appearance goals, you will want to visit with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons.
Common Types of Breast Surgery (Cosmetic Plastic Surgery)
- Breast Augmentation using Mentor or Motiva Breast Implants
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammoplasty)
- Breast Lift – including optional nipple reshaping surgery
- Breast Lift with Implants including nipple surgery
- Breast Augmentation and Implants for thin patients and body builders
- Glamorous Large Breast Implants (Pros and Cons)
- Breast Implant Removal and Replacement
- Tuberous Breast Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry and Corrective Breast Surgery
- Asian Breast Surgery including Armpit Breast Implant Insertion Options (Transaxillary)
- Fat Grafting to Breasts
- Tummy Tuck Surgery combined with Breast Surgery such as Implants or a Lift or Breast Reduction (Mummy Makeover)
Choose from top Australia Plastic Surgeons for Breast Surgery.
- Dr Craig Rubinstein – Plastic Surgeon, Hawthorn East (Melbourne)
Dr Douglas McManamny – Plastic Surgeon, Hawthorn East (Melbourne)
Dr Geoff Barnett – Plastic Surgeon, Hawthorn East (Melbourne)
- Dr Richard Sackelariou – Plastic Surgeon (Sydney, Melbourne)
- Dr Rebecca Wyten – Plastic Surgeon, Hawthorn East (Melbourne) and Berwick (St John of Gods Hospital)
- Dr Richard Maxwell – Plastic Surgeon, Hawthorn East (Melbourne)
Locations for Breast Surgery
- Hawthorn East (Convenient to Melbourne CBD, Port Melbourne, South Melbourne, South Yarra, Kew, Hawthorn, Balwyn, Richmond, Brighton, Glen Iris, Toorak, Camberwell, Bayside suburbs)
- Berwick (Convenient to South Eastern Suburbs, the Mornington Peninsula, Berwick, Frankston, Cranbourne, Sorrento or Gippsland)
- Williamstown (Convenient to Point Cook, Ballarat, and other western Melbourne suburbs as well as western regional Victoria).
- Sydney in Double Bay (Dr Richard Sackelariou)
- Our Sydney Breast Surgeons (Specialist Plastic Surgeons) are conveniently located near Sydney including the Double Bay or North Sydney area.
- Visit Our Surgeons page for more information about the high level of qualifications and training of Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Breast Enhancement.
Our Promise: Accredited Hospitals and fully Qualified Plastic Surgeons for Breast Surgery (no Juniors)
- Our Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeon are all fully qualified to operate at accredited major Hospitals in Australia (not back rooms).
- They use only highly experienced Anaesthetists and a top Surgical Support Team to ensure optimal patient care experiences.
- They insist on quality implant brands such as Motiva or Mentor breast prosthesis (implants).
Plus, we pride ourselves on having NO junior Plastic Surgeons. You’ll get a highly experienced Breast Surgery expert you cna trust.
Our team has demonstrated experience in helping people get quality breast surgery outcomes.
Hospital Choices (may vary based on which Surgeon you choose for Breast Surgery)
If you live outside of Melbourne or Sydney, and want a Melbourne Surgeon or Revision Surgery expert, contact us using the form below or visit our Interstate & Overseas Surgery Patient page to find out how we can help you.*
NEXT STEP: Book your Initial Breast Surgery Review or Patient Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment
- If your breast surgery is medically indicated, get a GP referral first. If purely cosmetic, no referral is necessary.
- Schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon – a $200 booking fee applies (or attend a Plastic Surgery event at no charge to meet the surgeon in advance).
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Be informed – DOWNLOAD A SURGERY GUIDE about the procedure
- OR book a Complimentary Consultation with a Nurse.
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (Phone 0388491444)
- Attend our Cosmetic Surgery Events in Melbourne and meet our Plastic Surgeons along with their top support team.
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure you want – call or contact us
What to Bring to a consultation for breast surgery
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Please contact us using the form below to arrange a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Team on (03) 8849 1444.
Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (Find specialist plastic surgeons), Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (Patient Safety Regulated by Plastic Surgery Regulation Laws), Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (Information for patients), Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency AHPRA (Register of practitioners), Health Victoria (The Department of Health and Human Services)
Our team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons’ affiliations include:
You’ll feel at ease knowing you’ve chosen one of Melbourne’s most established, skilled and highly reputable Surgery teams.